The international trade and compliance landscape is rapidly changing, and global supply chains are facing major challenges:
- Globalization and expansion of international trade: forging partnerships with service providers that have expertise across various geographies.
- Increased demand for electronic data sharing: such as advanced shipment notification and sharing of compliance data.
- A global trend towards a risk-based approach: requiring traders to share details of their shipments at any given time, such as pre-load, pre-departure and pre-arrival.
- Increased awareness of regulations and compliance: now becoming a board level issue and a core focus among international trade companies.
- Increased penalties for non-compliance: with an immediate impact on customers’ supply chain and financial bottom line.
It is in this climate that a Customs Broker with the ability to reduce complexity offers you a genuine competitive advantage.